Friday, June 20, 2008

Narrow Street...


DSC01930, originally uploaded by joshuaone6to9.

I like the narrow streets in the old towns/cities, hence the many photos of them in my albums from different places i've visited:)

It's appealing (to me, that is) and it conveys a closer community during that time. I can imagine that during those days, people knew each other well, as they live nearby and actually can have a conversation from their windows (i think)!:)

Wherever I go, I always find the oldest city/town in a country and most of them (if not all) have the same pattern or lay-out....narrow streets, that some of them, you can actually reach out and touch each other's windows (saw that in Stockholm)!:)

I think I like that kind of community...a community that is close and know each other...just thinking of most of the communities nowadays, its just totally different...most of the people that lives in a community doesn't even know their neighbours or haven't seen their neighbours, and to think that they live in the same area for years!

I believe that making an effort to know your neighbours and established friendships with them is the first step to have a good and friendly community...which in the long run will benefit everyone and the new generations...

I think we don't want a community with an attitude that conveys "I don't bother you, so don't bother me or just plain un-friendly or I'm too busy to care and to get involve."

A loving, caring and friendly community is what we all need....don't you think so?

No comments: