Friday, June 20, 2008

Clare County Public Library & Gallery...


DSC01907, originally uploaded by joshuaone6to9.

Visited this place during my visit in Co. Clare (Ireland). I spent several hours in this library. I checked it out since I like going to libraries and to galleries. I checked out what books they have. I sat there for couple of hours browsing and reading some books about Ireland and several books that I found about Russia-Ukraine. Re-read the controversial explosion of the plant in Chernobyl. That explosion was the starting point of Russia losing its grief of Ukraine. Then the independence broke out after.

This place is really nice, one of the old buildings in Ennis (Innis-its gaelic name). I like the idea of using the old, empty buildings into something useful for the public instead of just letting it be empty and un-used. I think that's practical and a brilliant idea.

The connecting a gallery to the library is a good idea as well. Spent a couple of hours checking the stuff that they have in their gallery. Interesting stuff, wish I can take photos, but it was not allowed.

No comments: