Saturday, September 29, 2007

Serenity

This photo was taken in Lough Derg, County Clare in Ireland. Beautiful and peaceful isn't it?

Peaceful lake does help you calm your restless spirit. Isn't this photo calming? I was once with a couple of friends in a lake and we went boating. The place is similar to this one but in Asia. The place were so serene that you can hear all kinds of sounds that comes from the trees and bushes along the lake. The serenity of the place is soothing, at the same time I felt that we are not the only one in that place.

I always think that places like this one has some unseen creatures that either happy and enjoying the serenity of their place or just waiting for something or someone that will try and bold enough to disrupt their peaceful turf.

There is a saying that "a quiet lake or river runs deeper" and that's always in my mind whenever I am in this kind of place. Thinking of what is out there or under. I did try to just play the water and wait what will come up and who will bother to investigate who made the ripples. So far I've only seen small fishes swam upwards.:)

It did make me think of people. There are people that are quiet (sometimes too private), that they will not speak to you unless spoken first. I do believe also what the bible says that "the lesser we talk, the lesser sin that comes out of our mouth" or you can re-phrase it this way "less words, less lies ." There is truth in that though.

But then, with out saying anything at all is not right either. I believe in the word "communication" if we keep silent and let our feelings bottled up then, that is not right and healthy either. I believe in saying the right words, at the right time, with the right person. I guess, we have to learn to be wise when to talk and when to stop talking. Besides, communication is a two-way thing, if one person is doing all the talk then it's not communication at all!

Same with this photo of serenity, in some way it does communicate with us in it's own way. We hear the sounds from everywhere when we are in this serene place. The sound of birds, animals, bugs, wind, ripples of water, etc. is a way of this serene place to communicate with us in a soothing and peaceful way:)

No comments: